The 11th Annual North East Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Awards 2010
Best New Business
Jo Foster, Dillies
This Award will go to a woman who has launched a new venture with passion, enthusiasm and an unwavering desire to succeed.
- Jo Foster, Dillies
- Sarah Chalhoub, Space to Play
- Bianca Robinson, Calm Digital
The Susan Dobson Award for Entrepreneurship
Lilian Mains, Zodiac Training
This Flagship Award is given in honour of a truly remarkable entrepreneur, Susan Dobson. The Award, sponsored by The Susan Dobson Memorial Fund
Susan Routledge, Finishing Touch Health & Beauty Clinic, Lilian Mains, Zodiac Training
Young Entrepreneur of the Year
Cathi Harrison, Para-Sols
Vitality, ambition and determination are important in every business. This Award is for the Young Entrepreneur of the Year, under 30 who can add talent to the equation.
- Cathi Harrison, Para-Sols
- Sarah Weightman, Glow Creative
- Nicola Liddle, Happy Feet Dancing
Best Small Business
Angela Place, Hair X Tensions Ltd
Durham County Council are proud to sponsor this new Award which welcomes entries from all businesses with less than 50 employees.
- Meryl Dodd, Actif
- Angela Place, Hair X Tensions Ltd
- Kirsty Thirlwell, Aura
Best Retail Business
Susan Routledge, Finishing Touch Health & Beauty Clinic
This Award welcomes entries from all retailers or franchisees trading for 2 years or more. The entrants will show a strong financial performance, store innovation and most importantly, excellent customer service
- Susan Routledge, Finishing Touch Health & Beauty Clinic
- Victoria Lynch, Additional Lengths Ltd
- Kate Walton, Havetolove
Best Creative Business
Joanna Feeley, Trend Bible
Spacecraft have chosen to sponsor Best Creative Business. This is an exciting and rapidly expanding sector where the North East has seen many new and developing creative businesses’ arise.
- Joanna Feeley, Trend Bible
- Lesley Scott & Pam Wall, Doodle Bugs Ceramics & Crafts
- Sue Moffit, Fififofum Ltd
Best Home Based Business
Rachel Poad, Rachel Poad Interiors
Women Into the Network Ltd is delighted to be associated with this Award introduced in 2009 to recognise and celebrate the ever-increasing number of women turning towards home-based entrepreneurship.
- Vicki Stone, Vicki Stone Marketing
- Rachel Poad, Rachel Poad Interiors
- Mairi Kennedy, Event Divas
- Dawn Errington, Signing Tots
Best use of Technology
Alison Taylor, Food Local Food
Technological innovation is the hallmark of many successful businesses – and there are few companies for whom technology isn’t essential to strong business performance.
- Alison Taylor, Food Local Food
- Jo Berry, Inkspot Science Ltd
- Jo York, Ki-Media
Best Rural Business
Amynta Ward-Aldam, Tulip and Nettle
Helped by access to new technologies many rural-based women are now exploiting new business opportunities.
- Helen Charlton, Busy Bee Studio
- Amynta Ward-Aldam, Tulip and Nettle
Best Social Enterprise
Deloris Martin, Sunderland Dance CIC
North East Social Enterprise Partnership (NESEP) are pleased to sponsor an Award which recognises women who combine strong entrepreneurial skills with a positive social mission.
- Deloris Martin, Sunderland Dance CIC
- Lynn Summerside, Sit ‘N’ ‘B’ Fit
- Marjorie Hunter & Christine Foster, North East Councelling Service